History of Wolf Ammuniton
Wolf offers ammunition for centerfire rifles in over a dozen different calibers and in three different product lines. Wolf Polyformance and Military Classic Rifle Ammunition is offered in the most common military calibers, such as .223, 7.62x39mm, .308 Winchester and other calibers as well. The bullets are bimetal or copper jacketed and can be found in full metal jacket, hollow point and soft point configurations. The cases are polymer coated steel and are both Berdan and Boxer primed.
The Wolf Gold Centerfire Rifle Ammunition is different from the other lines offered by Wolf in that it is all Boxer-primed, brass-cased ammunition. The bullets are offered in the same styles as the previously mentioned ammunition, and there are also match Hollow Point and Multi-Purpose Tactical bullets that can be had. The caliber choice is also wider, with more hunting oriented calibers, such as the .243 Winchester and the .300 Win Mag.
Wolf also offers centerfire pistol ammunition in the most common calibers: 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP as well as the recently popular .380 Auto. These are the steel cased offerings in the Military Classic and Polyformance lines. The Wolf Gold line includes these calibers and the .44 Mag., .32 Auto, .357 Mag. and 7.62 Tokarev. These Boxer primed brass cased cartridges are topped with Full Metal Jacket, Hollow point or Semi-Jacketed Hollow Point bullets.
.22 Rimfire ammunition is another product carried by Wolf Ammunition. They currently offer a .22 Long Rifle with 40 grain bullets. There are three types of bullets that Wolf uses: Round Nose, Flat Nose and Hollow Point. There are several different types of ammunition available, to include: Standard Plus, Match, Rifle Match, Pistol Match, High Velocity and Subsonic.
Shotgun ammunition can be had in 12, 20 and 28 gauges, as well as .410 bore. The loads vary from #9 target shot to 00 Buck and Slugs. Wolf also makes primers for reloaders to use for pistol, rifle and shotgun reloading.
Discuss Wolf ammunition by adding your comment to the 2 comments below or by asking a new question
- Zum said: "Shoots very well"
- huntman77 said: "very good ammo"
- Dogman said: "First round stiff coming off the enblock clip but to be expected.Also shot well in the HK & Mauser.Decent value for target shooting."
- r4nd0m said: "Shoots well - cleans up well - haven't had any issues in 500 rounds The only caveat is that there's some steel in the bullet - I don't think the entire bullet is steel but we were turned away when we went to shoot at a local indoor rifle range - the fella used a magnet to test the bullets One area where I was surprised was how clean the propellant burns - having listened to some folks talk, I expected to find a mess on the bolt face and in the receiver but that just has not been my experience"
- TedG said: "Fired about 100 rounds. No misfeeds, no duds, no significant accuracy loss over green-tips at 100yrds. I did notice that the spent casings actually eject a little differently (more to the rear and in a tighter grouping). This is actually nice for me because, when I fire federals, about 1/2 of the brass flies out the window of my shooting hut while the Wolf "brass" piles up in a neat little spot next to me on the inside of the hut. The price is right - highly recommended for plinking! "
- myob said: "good ammo"
- Rick said: "Price was right, delivery was quick, Fed and ejected with no problems."
- Jimbillyjoebob said: "You have to keep your AR clean no matter what ammo you feed it. I would not use this ammo for hunting if I had better available, but if you're going to be humming through 300+ rounds on an afternoon, it's hard to beat. Very rare misfeeds."
- larrytbull said: "Worked great in my mak90> only wish prices were like back 6 months ago"
- markitalynn said: "Never jammed, was not as dirty as I have been told, and was just alot of fun to shoot. (Also pretty darn accurate for being in an old SKS!)"
- Jeff said: "I had no problems shooting 75 rounds in my AMD-65. "
- Drift Wood said: "This ammunition is well worth the price and would recommend it to anyone that likes this caliber. Only wish I had purchased more. I will need to reorder since what I bought only lasted one time at the range. Had to keep shooting for the accuracy was great. Clean up was fast as that this is definitely not corrosive."
- badass67 said: "I have two Nagant 7.62x54s they are long range rifles and the ammo performed very well. Right on the money!!!!!! Great price, excellent service. I've been shooting firearms for many years. I recomend this ammo to anyone. I also got some 7.62x38 for the Nagant Revolver no prob. Very happy with the products, and the service I recevied fron the whole team at Ammo Net. Thank you very much!!! "
- Andre said: "We had a couple of ejection issues at the range but I am sure that this was more to do with insufficient grip stiffness with my wife's small hands and nothing to do with the ammo. I had no issues."
- Rick said: "Initial clip 15rds 1st 5 no problem then 7 did not eject completely. Cleaned gun next two clips no problems."
- Scott2333 said: "A++++++++"
- Jimbillyjoebob said: "I feed this ammo to my AK on a regular basis and it never has choked on it yet. It is not the cleanest burning, but for the money you can't beat it. "
- Bob said: "9x18 only works in Makarov Have not had chance to shoot yet"
- jerome said: "jams in all my guns.---- there no good"
- Jeremy said: "I shot all 50 rounds through my M57 at the range, and had no stoppages, misfires or any other issues. The ammo was clean and fired consistently. Can't speak to its accuracy, as I'm still getting used to the gun and i was firing at a 25 meter target. No complaints."
- Schneider said: "Am very satified with the performance in our rifles: Hope you get some more in before long~~~"
- Country said: "Don't get for AR in 7.62 HP`s do not cycle unless you give the feed channel where the lower meets the barrels chamber a little attention a file and sand paper did the trick after about 10 freaking hrs =( I gave 4 stars on quality cause I hate steel but oh well just shtf backup ammo I planned on storing Ty Ammo Dot net for speedy service o7"