Hate to say it but we just don't have any Tula Ammo in our warehouse at the moment, sorry!
While you're here though, why not sign up for our newsletter so you get notified about our newest ammunition deals? Takes less than 30 seconds and that way you'll always know what we've got on special.
Click here now to get notified about our future ammo deals.
History of Tula Ammunition
The Tula Ammunition plant in Tula, Russia has been in operation since 1880 when it was approved by Emperor Alexander II. What many people do not know is that the Tula plant and its sister plant in Ulyanovsk were established with private funds and remain privately owned entities.
The company was under contract for its first seven years that had it producing 210 million rounds. The company continued to grow in scale and the Ulyanovsk plant was brought online in 1916. The company produced 25% of all Russian ammunition used during World War I. During the interwar years, Tula made the switch from brass cased ammunition to steel cases. This was done as a method of conserving the limited copper and zinc while exploiting the vast amounts of iron found in Russia.
When called to service again in World War II, the Tula company was able to produce 400 million rounds per year to keep the Russian military fighting. After the war, the company continued to expand its production capacity and variety of ammunition. Today Tula produces over 40 types of pistol and rifle ammunition for the Russian military and export to over 20 countries. In the United States this ammunition is sold under the TulAmmo brand name.
The ammunition itself is a steel cased, polymer coated cartridge with a bi-metal bullet and a non-corrosive primer. TulAmmo is made to SAMMI and CIP specifications. The cases are polymer coated as opposed to lacquer coated in order to increase shelf life and offer more reliable functioning. The bi-metal bullet is a lead core that is wrapped in steel and coated in copper.
TulAmmo offers a wide variety of calibers in both rifle and pistol. From the .223 Remington to the 7.62 x54 R and the 9x17 mm to the .45 Auto. If you own a military style firearm that was produced since World War II, it is likely you will be able to find some TulAmmo to use in it.
Tula Ammunition has been continually growing since its’ start over 130 years ago. As of 2009 it was estimated that about 500 million rounds was shipped to the United States alone. With their continued commitment to quality and an economical price, TulAmmo will likely be providing ammunition for shooters around the world for years to come.
Discuss Tula ammunition by adding your comment to the 5 comments below or by asking a new question
- JOhn said: "Lots of FTF's...choose something else"
- Raizen Kane said: "I have a Chinese type 56 (SKS copy). TulAmmo is about all I fire out of it. It's inexpensive, powerful, and all around a good buy. The one drawback to it is the fact that steel cased Russian ammo is dirty after the shots go off. I had to spend about an hour cleaning the powder residue and metal fouling from my rifle. But I wouldn't trade that for nothing. Thanks Russia!! You make such great things."
- SGriffithUSMC said: "Fired 200 rounds pretty quickly through my AK. Not a single misfire or cookoff. With the sky rocketing ammo prices lately I definelty got a really good deal"
- tiki said: "thank you ammo.net you have been great and on time in rough times"
- Matt said: "I have been using this ammo for over a year in my AK and I have never had a problem. It is fantastic ammo for target shooting. I have yet to encounter a misfire or any problems and I have gone through thousands of rounds. "
- KAWAKID said: "Great ammo. I've shot over 400 rounds and never had a misfire."
- srs said: "Shoots fine in my ruger."
- BSR said: "No cycling issues with Glock 19 and 17.. Worked very well."
- Rico said: "Fired serveral hundred (Glock) without a malfunction. Stuff shoots great. Unfortunately the price keeps creeping up but I suppose thats just a sign of the times. "
- andy said: "Fires fine, but seemed to jam up in the magazine with more than 5 or 6 rounds"
- spymyeyes said: "The ammo was VERY dirty and the residue from firing told me it is cheap propellents. It cycled perfect and every shot went bang, so good job overall."
- Blueturtle said: "Have shot 9mm 40SW 45ACP made my TulAmmo. No failures, accurate, not bad price. A little dirty. Can't shoot at the range I usually go to, so I shoot outdoors at a friends range or at my Mom's 15 acres. Shooting ranges dont like the steel and off course they tell you it will ruin you guns."
- Tbone said: "I had no problems with these rounds great for target practice."
- Hunter said: "Negligible difference between this and "name-brands" that cost more than double the price!"
- Krakrjack said: "I have shot about 600 rounds of this throw a Glock 19 Gen 4 with no FTF's of any kind. It is a little dirty...but that's what they make cleaning kits for....."
- Gunman8 said: "Good groups, quick delivery, great price. Thank you."
- Larry N. said: "First let me start by saying the service I have received from Ammo.net has been EXCELLENT!!! As far as the TulAmmo 223 rem. 55gr FMJ product goes it is very reasonably priced and shoots very good groups out to 200 yds. I will warn anyone using this ammo on a regular basis you will need to clean the chamber of your rifle every 2 to 3 hundred rounds with Acetone. This will breakdown any lacquer buildup and stop any FTE's from happening. I have never had a dud round of Tula (unlike Wolf or Brown Bear) and I shoot alot of this stuff. I read poor reviews on this ammo quite often and it's all due to not cleaning the weapon properly."
- JPM said: "Great ammo. Bought the 1000 round case, best price on the net. Fired about 200 with no problems, no jams or misfires. Fast shipping and good follow up. I would highly reccomend this ammo and this supplier."
- John said: "I have only fired 100 rounds so far. 50 each in two different 1911's. Not a single problem. "
- Alvaro said: "I liked the ammo but in some indoor shooting ranges, they do not allow to use this ammo."
- SK2 Hutch said: "For the price this is pretty decent range ammo."
- Flyboy said: "I had no problems, will buy again."
- flyboy said: "I have bougrt this ammo before, no problems, ejects fine, and shoots a tight pattern. QUICKER DELVERY THAN I EXSPECTED."
- Mac said: "I put some new sights on a Mini 14 and wanted some inexpensive ammo to do some serious practicing. The Tula is working perfectly for this. Thanks!"
- CEDWCEV said: "HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE RANGE WITH THIS AMMO. NEVER HAD A FTF."
- d6 said: "great ammo! "
- Rob said: "I picked up 6 boxes of this for my Glock 17. Seeing as how their .45 ammo runs through my Glock 21 with zero problems. This ammo had about 5 failure to fires, 2 or 3 failure to ejects, and due to failed ejection failure to feed. All failures were within less than 150 rounds.1 spent casing was stuck in my barrel and it took me over 20 minutes to get it out. Not to mention inconsistent muzzle flash. I'm really hoping I just got a bad run of ammo, but I CANNOT recommend their 9mm ammunition."
- Willie said: "Haven't fired any yet."
- Roadkingcsk said: "Tried shooting this in my Colt. Never had any problems with ammo before. Couldn't get the rounds to cycle. Put some cheap brass loads in and everything was fine. Plastic clips were annoying to get rounds free. Should not have bought as much of it as I did, not sure what the hell to do with it now. "
- Goldfarmer said: "after receiving the TulAmmo 380 ACP Ammo I went out to do a little targer shooting and before finishing one box my Ruger LCP 380 jamed whin ejecting or missed fire three times. The Ruger LCP has never jamed before, Other ammo was brass case and TulAmmo 380 ACP Ammo is steel. I cleaned the Ruger again but have not had time to retry another box but will after holliday's. "
- Mad said: "This was the first time i have ever purchased Tulammo and was very disappointed. About every 3rd round might fire. The range master said the firing pin was making contact but the primers were set too deep causing the problem."
- David said: "I ordered this ammo on a Monday and it was at my door on Friday! Considering that it had to be shipped four states away that is FAST shipping. I also like the fact that Ammo.net donates a portion of every sale to pro gun institutions. This is now my number one "go to" source for ammo."
- bigman1938 said: "I receive the ammo very quickly and went to the gun range. shot 150 rounds at 25 yards to my target an the grouping was very tight. I HAD NO BAD ROUNDS GREAT AMMO."
- Rico said: "Have fired a couple thousand rounds of this ammo and it is great stuff. All fired from a Glock without any malfunctions. I bought it when it was cheaper per 1k rounds so the price has really soared. Still looks like the best 9mm value on ammo.net at the moment."
- Bob R said: "Bought a box of this to use as economical practice ammo. Shot all 50 rounds without any problems, in an old 15 round and a new 30 round magazine. My early Universal Carbine seems to love it. Althought I can't quantify it, it does appear to be a little dirty compared to the Remington I have used, but that is what a cleaning kit is for. Will save the more expensive ammo for personal defense, but will buy more of the TulAmmo for target practice!"
- Tripod said: "So far I have shot 2 boxs, all rounds fired, grouping was O.K. for cheap ammo. Planning to buy more."
- Jack said: "I tried out a box or two of Tulamo prior to my purchase from you. It works really well in my newly purchased Ruger Mini 30. After sighting in the Ruger it would consistantly blow the center out of a bullseye target at 50 yards. That's what I really wanted it to do."
- D said: "This ammo works quite well in both my .308 semi-autos. It's not overly dirty and you don't run the risk of case fractures that you run with some of the older military surplus ammo. No reloading potential but if you're like me and don't reload but want some reliable plinking ammo this stuff is for you. It's not match grade, it's not reloadable, but it goes bang every time and I've yet to have a FTF/FTE in any of my rifles after around 800 rounds of this stuff. I've run it in 5-6 pistol and rifle calibers so far and had no trouble with any of it. Fair price, fast delivery, I recommend it. Thanks!"