Sellier & Bellot Ammo
History of Sellier and Bellot Ammunition
Sellier and Bellot has been in operation since 1825 this makes it the oldest engineering company in the Czech Republic, as well as one of the oldest, continually operating companies in the world. Louis Sellier, a French merchant, began manufacturing percussion caps at a factory in Prague. Soon after commencing production, Sellier invited his fellow Frenchman, Jean Maria Nicolaus Bellot to join the company. With Sellier and Bellot working together, their products quickly became known across Europe and even overseas. By 1837 the company produced over 156 million caps.
In 1870 Sellier and Bellot started production of Flobert rimfire and Lefaucheaux’s pin-primer cartridges. Centerfire cartridges soon followed and within a few years, Sellier and Bellot was producing over 10 million cartridges per year. By the end of the 1800’s four different facilities were producing components and ammunition.
During World War One, ammunition production was shifted to military rifle and pistol ammunition with the Steyr 9mm being one of the newer cartridges in the companies’ line up. Soon after WW I, S&B was to become the primary supplier of pistol ammunition to the Czech army and police. Also, S&B began to expand its’ commercial lines with emphasis on competition and hunting ammo. After World War Two, Sellier and Bellot greatly expanded their production lines and were offering over 85 different rifle and pistol calibers and all popular shotgun gauges. About 70 percent of the production during this time was exported.
Sellier and Bellot continues to produce military and civilian ammunition that is known the world over. In 1999 the Deutsches Waffen Journal readers´ voted S&B as the bronze medal recipient in the Ammunition category. In 2010 the company was set to achieve total sales in excess of 40 million dollars. Currently Sellier and Bellot produce ammunition for handguns, rifles and shotguns. They offer 10 different bullet types to fit the needs of hunters, target shooters as well as the casual plinker. The Nosler Partition and Exergy are among the more popular hunting bullets offered.
S&B is also a supporter of the shooting sports as well as manufacturing ammunition. They are a major partner with the Czech Shooting Federation which advances the shotgun sports in the Czech Republic. They also sponsor several shooting competitions and competitors. S&B was bought by Magtech in 2009 but continues to produce high quality ammunition that is favored by shooters across the world.
Discuss Sellier & Bellot ammunition by adding your comment to the 1 comment below or by asking a new question
- Rick said: "I ran 200 rounds through Glock 17 and S&W m&p9c, shot great no misfires or FTF, wish it was more readily available"
- Glenn1903 said: "I ran roughly 200 rounds through my wife's Ruger SR9. Absolutely no misfires! Clean-up was a breeze. Some of the best target ammo I have used to date. Will be doing much more business with you."
- cflglock said: "I've run 500 rounds of this ammo through my Glock 19 and Glock 26 with no problems at all. I think it is a very good target ammo at a very good price."
- vtsnow said: "I've been trying a bunch of different ammo lately and I was really impressed with the S&B 9mm 115gr. FMJ round. Not a single misfeed or FTF, as expected, and less cleanup. I will be ordering more for sure."
- Gene said: "When you pull the trigger the ammo goes "bang!" What more can you ask? It burns clear, leaving gun fairly free of residues and carbon."
- Bene said: "Bought 4 boxes. cycled flawlessly thru my Glock. Excellent value."
- JoelDug said: "What is there to say... Sellier and Bellot is great ammo. What is not to like? This ammo alway fires well. "
- Commander said: "This is the only ammo that will cycle through my 20 round Saiga mag"
- ACR-Dude said: "Ammo.net has consistently provided me very prompt service as well as great bargains on excellent ammunition. Ammo.net will continue to be my main source assisting me in keeping my inventory topped off. "
- Mikey said: "I'm not a professional shooter by any stretch of ones imagination but do shoot a lot. I'm new to 44 Mag. and am impressed with this ammo. There are more expensive brands but at my skill level this suits me fine. Every rd was good, clean , and reloadable brass. Not bad for the price------ mikey"
- quantum13 said: "I've generally had good experience with sellier and bellot ammo. i will go for that over something like american eagle any day. it doesnt foul the gun up too bad and this .308 didnt cause any issues in my brand new SCAR. i would recommend this or PRVI Partizan (serbian ammo) over bottom of the barrel american stuff like blazer, magtech or american eagle. unfortunately it is FMJ so i had to buy some HP as well to make it shootable at some ranges."
- DHENRY said: "S&B provides a dependable, clean-burning 45acp product. No misfires, duds or squibs. An excellent dollar-value."
- POPS said: "I had not had a chance to fire until this weekend. I picked up a 1913 British 303 at a estate sale in very fine condition. Then I was not able it find any rounds so I located yall on the net . I received my rounds very quickly. After firing them the balance and accuracy of the rounds have a very high quality , and the value fell well in range I could buy bher in Texas "
- Steiny said: "I had been hoping for prices to drop before I ran out of my existing supply but that wasn't happening. Then I ran across ammo.net and found these. I'd never had any of this brand before but I'm quite satisfied with the product and ammo.net. All my future purchases will be through ammo.net."
- Sott said: " Don't normally fire .357; use 38 special +p hollow points in the bedside table and 38 special leaded for practice. the 357 was hot and after 50 rds, i felt it in my sholder."