32 ACP Ammo
History of .32 Auto (ACP) Ammunition
The .32 ACP is a John Moses Browning designed cartridge that was chambered in his first commercially successful automatic pistol, the Fabrique Nationale 1900. This cartridge is known in Europe as the 7.65 mm Browning, used by European military and police personnel until it was eventually replaced by the 9mm Parabellum. This cartridge was primarily used by officers as a badge of station more so than a fighting weapon. Since its design was completed in 1899, the cartridge has been chambered in several small, high quality, handguns. Manufacturers of these popular pistols include: Beretta, Colt, Fabrique Nationale, Kel-Tec, Smith & Wesson and many others.
The cartridge most commonly contains a 60 to 73 grain bullet fired at velocities ranging from 600 to 1000 feet per second. While by no means a hard hitting cartridge, it was used by Gavrilo Princip, Archduke Franz Ferdinand’s assassin to push the world to war in 1914. The cartridge has been defined as the minimum acceptable caliber for use as a self defense cartridge, and others judge it as lacking in power for use in a self defense situation. Regardless of opinions, the .32 ACP remains a popular caliber as a backup, and as a primary self defense cartridge.
The key advantages to the .32 ACP are the light recoil, low noise and easily concealed handguns that are chambered for it. Another major factor in keeping the .32 ACP in the self defense market is the new ammunition technology. High speed, rapidly expanding, hollow point bullets are the leading edge of self defense ammo tech, and ammo manufacturers have been sure to include the .32 ACP. For example, Hornady makes a self defense load using its’ XTP bullet, Federal also offers a cartridge topped with its’ famous Hydra-shok bullet.
Discuss 32 ACP ammunition by adding your comment to the 1 comment below or by asking a new question
- chrismyster said: "great bullets/no problems/good price/would buy again"
- Bryan in California said: "Made it to my house in 1week = great shiping at a great price. You guys have a new custermer Thanks"
- DK said: "Ammo came faster than tracking. Great ammo. Does what the add says. NO misfires. Will be ordering more at later date. "
- pabear said: "your ammo is a great buy and I will use your company more."
- lgvelez said: "Excellent ammo! I have shot 200 rounds and no FTE or FTF. I will be buying more."
- scott said: "great ammo for the price"
- 1oldcop said: "I like Fiocchi ammo. The quality is consistently good and you provide it in a timely manner and at a reasonable price."
- AL said: "We have shot 300+ rounds with no problems. I am purchasing (2) 9mm handguns and possibly a .40 or .44 mag. so i will be looking at your site for competitive pricing. Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion. Respectfully, Al Young"
- Boatguy007""" said: "~ There are many choices still in .32 ammo, but I consider the Hornady .32 ACP to be in the top three as far as Quality and value. You would have to move to Gold Dot or perhaps Federal Personal Defense to do any better. Cheers & Safe shooting out there! Jim"